Hello, this is an instruction how to install Epson L100 or L200 on Mac OSX.
At first, I was going to give up to install this printer and was going to sell it on ebay because there’s no official driver on Mac OSX, but after spend many hours searching in google there is a person who can run Epson L100 on his mac. according to this vid:
Then I did try to search in L200 and I found out this topic in indonesian mac forum. I tried to translate what they are talking about this freaking printer and hell yeah. IT WORKS!
1. Restart your mac to Windows by bootcamp to install Epson L100 or Epson L200 (you can use any PC to install it). Plug your printer to your mac and connect the power supply.
2. Insert the CD given with your L100 or L200 and follow the instruction. It will ask you to enter the colours’ code (CMYK), enter them. (the codes should be given with colours you purchased)
3. Wait around 20 minutes for installing the printer (until the green light of your L100 or L200 steady)
4. Restart to Mac OSX
5. Go to System Preferences > Printer > Click “+” to add new printer
6. You will see Epson L100, select it. In Print Using Box: Select Printer Software and Choose Epson Stylus Tx109
(if you can’t find the Epson Stylus Tx109, go download the driver from http://download.cnet.com/Gutenprint/3000-2116_4-26776.html?tag=bc)
and for L800 follow the #26 comment from FiFaMeTaL
26. FiFaMeTaL wrote:
for my L800, I downloaded Gutenprint 5.2.8-pre1 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.2/5.2.8-pre1/gutenprint-5.2.8-pre1.dmg/download, add a new printer and I use the driver for Epson Stylus T60
It works for me.
7. Now, your printer is ready to use.
#edit: for the one who wants to make the scanner works, follow the #24 comment from mac.
24. mac wrote:
it worked execellent with Epson L200. But can’t scan until I found this site: http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson_l200.html
Horeeeyyy !!! Now I can scan with this printer.
I’m using Mac ver 10.6.4
credit: the pictures printed in this guide and some icons on my mac were created by Raindropmemory