Epson L100, L200 and L800 on Mac OSX

Hello, this is an instruction how to install Epson L100 or L200 on Mac OSX.

At first, I was going to give up to install this printer and was going to sell it on ebay because there’s no official driver on Mac OSX, but after spend many hours searching in google there is a person who can run Epson L100 on his mac. according to this vid:

Then I did try to search in L200 and I found out this topic in indonesian mac forum. I tried to translate what they are talking about this freaking printer and hell yeah. IT WORKS!

1. Restart your mac to Windows by bootcamp to install Epson L100 or Epson L200 (you can use any PC to install it). Plug your printer to your mac and connect the power supply.

2. Insert the CD given with your L100 or L200 and follow the instruction. It will ask you to enter the colours’ code (CMYK), enter them. (the codes should be given with colours you purchased)

3. Wait around 20 minutes for installing the printer (until the green light of your L100 or L200 steady)

4. Restart to Mac OSX

5. Go to System Preferences > Printer > Click “+” to add new printer

6. You will see Epson L100, select it. In Print Using Box: Select Printer Software and Choose Epson Stylus Tx109

(if you can’t find the Epson Stylus Tx109, go download the driver from http://download.cnet.com/Gutenprint/3000-2116_4-26776.html?tag=bc)

and for L800 follow the #26 comment from FiFaMeTaL

26. FiFaMeTaL wrote:

for my L800, I downloaded Gutenprint 5.2.8-pre1 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.2/5.2.8-pre1/gutenprint-5.2.8-pre1.dmg/download, add a new printer and I use the driver for Epson Stylus T60

It works for me.

7. Now, your printer is ready to use.

Have fun.

#edit: for the one who wants to make the scanner works, follow the #24 comment from mac.

24. mac wrote:

it worked execellent with Epson L200. But can’t scan until I found this site: http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson_l200.html
Horeeeyyy !!! Now I can scan with this printer.
I’m using Mac ver 10.6.4

credit: the pictures printed in this guide and some icons on my mac were created by Raindropmemory

Comments 35

1. tingding wrote:

does it work without loss of print quality ? aren’t there newer drivers than TX109 since its already out of production in Europe
    ??

thanks anyway :)

Posted 25 Aug 2011 at 7:34 PM
  2. toey wrote:

hi, i don’t know if there’s a better or latest driver. please tell me if you can find a better driver.
    the purpose for this guide is to turn your L100/200 from the “paperweight” to a “printer”

cheers

Posted 26 Aug 2011 at 6:20 AM
  3. edwin wrote:

how about hackintosh? how do i install it?

Posted 02 Sep 2011 at 2:47 AM
  4. Erwin wrote:

Hi Toey
    Thank you for the instruction for the L100 epson printer, I bought an L200 have done everything in comparision with your instruction but the printer is not working, there is a program printer utilities together with the TX 109 driver and it cant find the L200, to you have another solution so far?? Thank you and have fun

Posted 20 Sep 2011 at 2:24 AM
  5. Ryan wrote:

Thank you for the very useful post. I was planning to get the L200 but it had no official support. Now I can give it a try!

May I ask what version of OSX are you using? Lion or Snow leopard?

Posted 18 Oct 2011 at 9:15 AM
  6. anna wrote:

hi !

thanks mate for your help !!! printer works just fine now with my mac but no luck with the scanner …..
    any idea ???

Posted 06 Dec 2011 at 1:38 AM
  7. toey wrote:

hi ya sorry for the late response,
    @Ryan i’m using lion
    @anna i really have no idea how to make the scanner working on osx because i have L100 :(

very appreciated that my guide is helpful.

Posted 06 Dec 2011 at 4:24 AM
  8. Ryan wrote:

Thank you Tony. Much appreciated.

Posted 16 Dec 2011 at 12:16 AM
  9. Angela wrote:

Hi toey, I already download Boot Camp, but I don’t know how to restart my computer, so that it could be able to work with Windows. Can you help me please?

Posted 20 Dec 2011 at 3:10 PM
  10. Exx wrote:

I still struggled with this. Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. Use the gutenprint version of the TX109 driver. I downloaded mine from http://download.cnet.com/mac/3055-2116_4-26776.html?tag=pdl-redir

2. I’m not even sure you need to install this printer on Windows before it is detected. If you have a PC, set up the printer there first so it “mixes” the ink and all that. Once the printer is set up, connect it to your Mac and add it using System Preferences. Make sure you have the driver by this time.

2.1. I still followed the instructions here–try 2 out and if it doesn’t work out then do the whole Boot Camp solution.

Good luck, everyone! :-)

Posted 26 Dec 2011 at 6:30 PM
  11. Rio wrote:

hi, thanks for your info, but my printer still doesn’t work, i have a small problem, i couldn’t find driver stylus tx 109.. I only have stylus, and tx 109 separately… not as Stylus TX 109.. where can i find it? I have a pc, but im still curious how to make it work on my sister laptop…

Posted 12 Jan 2012 at 8:41 AM
  12. Dewapple wrote:

Hi . I can reset L100 for Mac already , and thanks so much ! I have a question , I plan to buy L800 for print Photo . It’s possible to reset L800 for Mac OSX . If it can run on MAC . Please suggestion for me . Thank you very much .
    Dew from Thailand

Posted 15 Jan 2012 at 7:42 PM
  13. toey wrote:

@Rio you should try to follow the 10th comment from Exx by download the Gutenprint. here’s the link http://download.cnet.com/Gutenprint/3000-2116_4-26776.html?tag=bc

good luck

Posted 16 Jan 2012 at 4:21 AM
  14. kerwin wrote:

thanks @toey and @Exx. have tried it and it worked.
    1. you do not need to install it on windows. my L100 printer is connected to my pc and just shared over the network. i installed it on my pc first, then shared it.
    2. for mac, download first gutenprint from the link provided by @toey. install it on your mac.
    3. add the printer from system preferences and use the driver for epson tx 109.

enjoy!!!

Posted 18 Jan 2012 at 2:54 PM
  15. ida wrote:

it worked..

Posted 20 Jan 2012 at 8:24 AM
  16. kevin wrote:

thanks for this! it worked!

i didn’t have to do bootcamp because my L100 is shared on my pc. What I did was I just installed the gutenprint linked above. Then Print Using: Epson Stylus TX109 Gutenprint.
    That’s it!

I’m using Mac OS Lion. :)

Posted 06 Feb 2012 at 6:01 PM
  17. hieronimous wrote:

excellent it worked just fine thank u very much really helpful

Posted 12 Feb 2012 at 6:14 PM
  18. Kirby wrote:

Thank you so much..
    it worked perfectly…

Posted 16 Feb 2012 at 8:45 AM
  19. wilbert wrote:

thank you very much, it worked excellent with the Epson L200, previously installed gutenprint 5.2.7, greetings from mexico

Posted 22 Feb 2012 at 6:37 AM
  20. gabo1450 wrote:

PROBLEM SUCCESSFULLY – FIRST IN WINDOWS 7, AND THEN IN MAC OX-

I tested all the steps mentioned above, none of which was successful on my Mac OX.
    So I Installed the printer on my Windows computer, follow the steps that brought the manual and after successful testing of printing, I made the steps in this blog to install add the printer on my Mac OX L200 and it worked successfully :)

Greetings from Guatemala

Posted 29 Feb 2012 at 2:44 PM
  21. ariel wrote:

graciass!!! funciona instalando gutenprint!!!!
    epson stylus tx 109!!1
    thanks for this! it worked!
    That’s it!
    I’m using Mac OS Lion.

Posted 03 Mar 2012 at 7:32 PM
  22. FRANK wrote:

buenos dias disculpa wilbert leo que ya instalaste la epson l200 instalando previamente gutenprint 5.2.7 mi duda es la siguiente solo la impresora funciona o tambien te reconocio el scaner agradesco tu pronta respuesta ya que estoy apunto de comprarme esta impresora pero si tengo esa duda y saludos desde campeche, mexico

Posted 05 Mar 2012 at 4:50 PM
  23. Alex wrote:

Hi there. It really works. But I dont understand how to make it printing only black&white.

Posted 07 Mar 2012 at 3:43 PM
  24. mac wrote:

hi, toey, thank you so much for your sharing, it worked execellent with Epson L200. But can’t scan until I found this site: http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson_l200.html
    Horeeeyyy !!! Now I can scan with this printer.
    I’m using Mac ver 10.6.4

Posted 08 Mar 2012 at 10:24 AM
  25. charly wrote:

Si se pudo instalar con exito con sus datos @toey, falta el escanner. Esperemos que EPSON libere este driver pronto….
    gracias

Posted 14 Mar 2012 at 1:55 AM
  26. FiFaMeTaL wrote:

@Dewapple: for my L800, I downloaded Gutenprint 5.2.8-pre1 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.2/5.2.8-pre1/gutenprint-5.2.8-pre1.dmg/download, add a new printer and I use the driver for Epson Stylus T60

It works for me.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 12:19 AM
  27. toey wrote:

@mac and @FiFaMeTaL, would you mind if i add your methods how to make scanner and L800 workable in my post? thanks for help.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 2:45 AM
  28. onitek wrote:

How about the Epson l200 scanner driver?

Posted 21 Mar 2012 at 2:01 AM
  29. Joe Marselo wrote:

Cool! I can help my boss with this guidance.

Posted 21 Mar 2012 at 8:12 AM
  30. GEORGE wrote:

how to print on discs epson l800?

Posted 24 Mar 2012 at 7:21 AM
  31. smiley wrote:

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this information, especially to FiFaMeTal. My Epson L800 works fine on my mac now.

Posted 26 Mar 2012 at 6:32 PM
  32. rivol wrote:

In my case L800 also works under Guttenprint driver with Parallels Desktops.
    The problem is that T60 profiles do not match L800 so the colours are not photo quality

Posted 28 Mar 2012 at 3:12 PM
  33. gabo1450 wrote:

I CAN’T USE THE SCANNER FROM PRINTER L200 IN MY MAC OS X 10,6

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEEEEESSEEEE !!!

Posted 30 Mar 2012 at 4:41 PM
  34. May Yap wrote:

Hi all,

Now you can get L100/L200 driver for mac from http://www.epson.com.my, search for L100/L200 support and you will get the driver.

Cheers!!!!

Posted 19 Apr 2012 at 12:36 PM
  35. Julian wrote:

Hey Toey, this is cool! It worked for me also! Epson L200 and Lion. Really useful!!! Cheers from the amazing Colombia!

Posted 22 Apr 2012 at 4:43 AM